Name:
Location: The Suck, California

Me. Stars. Effers.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Mel, the Starlet and Michelle...

I'm waiting, waiting, waiting. Forever waiting.

And to make it worse, today is raining. Which if you live in places where it rains - no biggie. But if you live in LA? One little drizzle and enjoy the: Catastrophic chaos! Roads log-jammed for miles! 'Storm Watch 2005' all over the news!

So I'm waiting and it's raining. Waiting and Raining. Raining and Waiting. SIGH...

What am I waiting for? Well, I'm waiting for my agents to quit screwing around and set up my meeting with Icon Productions, Mel Gibson's company. I want to meet them, they want to meet me. Simple, right? Not when agents are involved. They don't just want me to meet with Mel's people, they want me to meet with EVERYONE to boost my profile, create "buzz," maximize any potential deal that might be struck. But I don't want that right now. I want to move this project forward. I have a good feeling about Icon and they're passionate about this thing. So let's go mucky-mucks! Make the fucking phone call. Get it on the books! FUCK!!!

And I'm also waiting on a TV pilot I wrote with a Starlet. I finished writing it on Labor Day, and here we are staring down the barrel of Turkey Day and still no sale. Everyone loves the script. Everyone loves the Starlet. So what's the fucking problem people? We're pitching to NBC tomorrow. They've rescheduled twice already. We're pitching The WB on Monday. They too have rescheduled twice. Will they reschedule again and make us wait? Hmm... let's see... fucken'A right they will!

Waiting, waiting and more waiting.

The last thing I'm waiting on has to do with a script I wrote with a friend and fellow blogger (his blog's much better than this one). I can't tell you what the script is called except that it has the name 'Michelle' in it. For two weeks we've been waiting for the agents and manager to send it out to producers. But it hasn't happened yet and hey guess what? Yep, we're waiting!

Here's what is involved when a script goes out to producers:

AGENT: "Hello, Producer? Yeah I got a funny script for you."
PRODUCER: "Great. Funny scripts are our business. We read them every single fucking day."
AGENT: "HA-HA-HA that's wonderful! Where should I send it?"

Boom, done, finished. But for some fucking reason there have been delays.

And so we wait.

And so it rains.

And such is life in The Suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home